Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chalk

After watching "Chalk" I sat back and thought about all the teachers I had throughout high school, and, in a way, evaluated them. It's funny because when we sit and watch a movie like Chalk we laugh and think this is just a huge joke, but looking back at my teachers, some of them actually did things like that.

I had an English teacher who once nominated herself for "teacher of the year" which, now I feel like that's all she cared about, she didn't care about her classes it was all about how "nice" she was so we would like her.

Teachers need to focus on their own professional improvement but it needs to be focused on the students. Improve yourself so you can improve them! I like watching a movie like this because it is funny but it really makes a person do some self evaluation to make sure that you are still doing your job in the most appropriate way. This video basically uncovers the truths about bad teaching that everyone else is too afraid to say.

No comments: